I GOT NEW FAMILIES FOR CHRISTMAS

"What did you get for Christmas?". This might have been the question that probably many of you asked each other after the Christmas celebration or not. 
But for the first time I got to spend Christmas outside of my country and it was a very good experience.
To begin with I just want to explain in summary in brief how Christmas is celebrated in Nepal. There might be different ways of celebrating it depending on where you live in Nepal too. But for all this year I have been celebrating Christmas by “EK CHAK MITHO KHAYERA, EK JOR RAMRO LAGAYERA”, which if directly translated in English will be “Eating one plate of delicious dish, wearing one pair of nice clothes”.
Also, in Nepal Christmas is celebrated on 25th where people gather at church and have a celebration whole day and night (in some places).

In contrast to it, Christmas celebration here was very different but good different. Christmas here is all about families and spending time together with them and lots of gifts (From my perspective).
I also got to experience it and it has been very good experience to me. Celebrating Christmas here I also have realized how real the Santa is. I felt very blessed to see how Christmas bring families together and the presence of happiness and love everywhere is unexplainable.
During this time, I have been invited by different families and got opportunities to visit them and spend time with them which has been very good experience.
So, if you ask me “what did u get for Christmas?”, these families were my Christmas gift, to get to know them more, to learn from them, to eat with them, play games together that was my greatest gift. (Of course, I do receive other very nice gifts too.)
As time passes, all the physical gifts might fade away but these gift on relationship will remain there forever and ever and I am very grateful for it.

Also I also learn to appreciate and be grateful for that “one more scoop of rice” I get from my mom and that “few hundred rupees” I get from my father as Christmas expenses during Christmas which they could afford. These has been my greatest Christmas gifts receiving so far and nothing can ever replace it. I also won’t forget all the fellowships, laughter and joy of my church family in Nepal too.

At last I would also like to remind you all to not to forget the greatest gift which we all received during Christmas “Our Savior Jesus Christ” and however we might celebrated His Birthday, the fact that He came to earth for us, died for our sins, rose again from the dead and ascended to Heaven and will come back one day for us will never ever change. His love for us will never change.

PS: I would like to thank you all those who made my Christmas celebration here memorial. Especially I  would like to thank all the families that invited me. All those time I spent with you will forever be in my heart.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waste management in Norway(RETURKRAFT)

“GATEAKADEMIET: Springboard or A Parachute”